The dish is easy to make and perfect for those looking for a quick, yet satisfying meal.
– 250g udon noodles
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 green onions, finely chopped
– 2g dried chili (optional)
– 12g Gochujang red chili paste
– 7g crushed red pepper
– 3g sugar
– 22g dark soy sauce
– 17g regular soy sauce
– 17g rice vinegar
– 10g sesame seeds
– Salt, to taste
– Spring onions and crispy onions, for topping
1. Cook the udon noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, chopped green onions, dried chili (if using), Gochujang, sugar, dark soy sauce, regular soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds until well combined and sauce is formed.
3. Place the cooked udon noodles in a large mixing bowl and pour the sauce over them.
4. Toss the noodles gently to coat them evenly with the sauce.
5. Taste and season with salt as needed.
6. Transfer the garlic chili noodles to a serving dish and top with chopped spring onions and crispy onions.
7. Serve and enjoy!